Times: 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm Day: Monday evenings (1st Year Students) Tuesday evenings (2nd Year Students)
The Bethel School of Supernatural Ministry is the foundation of our curriculum, therefore school is taught by apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers. SMSSM will have many powerful guest speakers throughout the year but the primary teaching is accomplished through Pastors of Summit Church and our school leaders. SMSSM students will learn how to read, understand and “do” the Bible — learning to live aware of His presence, witness, heal the sick, prophesy, preach, pray and impact the world.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
The First Year School of Ministry Focuses on:
- establishing God’s royal identity in the mind of each student: to walk in honor, love, power and authority
- assimilating the core values of the Kingdom, with solid biblical understanding, into the heart of the believer
- learning the ministry style of Jesus: to enjoy the presence of God, say what He is saying and do what He is doing
- being equipped and trained to fulfill Jesus’ commission to preach the Gospel, with signs following
First year provides a strong biblical foundation in how to read, interpret and apply the Bible. As students daily engage in reading through a significant portion of Scripture, the Holy Spirit breathes life and revelation into it, causing it to come alive with meaning and practical insight for today. Students also learn from reading the writings and personal teaching of apostles, prophets, teachers, pastors and evangelists who are living out Kingdom principles in their own lives and ministries.
SMSSM uses the Bethel School of Supernatural Ministry curriculum which focuses on biblical foundation, identity and the supernatural lifestyle. Each week, semester and every year will be different as the Holy Spirit leads into new realms of revelation and emphasis.
SPECIAL MINISTRY TRAINING
Rather than an emphasis on theory only, application and experience of truths are highlighted and encouraged at SMSSM. Special Ministry Training will deepen their understanding and experience in a much more focused way. The list below is provided as an example of what subjects the students can choose during their semesters at SMSSM. Special Ministry Training will be taught through our own staff and special guests.
- Worship and Creative Arts
The atmosphere of the school is built around the presence of God. An entire culture is lived out day after day with worship as the primary expression. Passion, purity, power and love of the presence of God are center stage. These values define our atmosphere and are manifest in our worship, ministry and relationships with each other. Everything is connected to the presence of God.
In class hours are Monday or Tuesday evenings 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm. The class hours are learning opportunities with the instructors but they are just a smaller part of the learning experience. The other hours consist of learning through homework, reading, attending services, serving on ministry teams, prayer times of personal devotion, living the supernatural lifestyle in an honorable way at work, and more. The BSSM curriculum and the SMSSM instruction is an extremely fast-paced season of schooling, and the training is pivotal and strategic. We believe the intensity soon translates into “becoming”; things that are at first foreign and done out of duty gradually become second nature as students move from merely echoing a message to becoming a message. We are excited to have you join us on a lifelong journey to see the King glorified in ever single part of culture and society and to experience a life where the things that were impossible now become normal.
In order to be eligible to receive a Certificate of Completion, students must meet the following criteria:
Students eligible for graduation will not exceed a total of 6 absences in a school year. This includes regular school attendance, city service, church services and advanced ministry training/tracks.
Although our school environment is like a church, it is a temporary assignment. SMSSM recognizes that it is our job to deploy students into their destiny after their time with us and therefore it is essential that students continue to develop their own circle of fellowship while attending SMSSM, whether at Summit Church or their own church. It is therefore required that students are committed to a local church and attend at least one of their gatherings each week.
Throughout the school year, students are given assignments to complete. These include Bible reading, book reports, and assigned Kingdom Foundation and Bible homework. Students eligible for graduation will have completed and turned in all homework assignments.
SMSSM is focused on personal transformation. There are no grades given, but participation and timely completion of homework are required. The goal of assignments is for you to grow wisdom and favor, not just to gain knowledge, but also to draw you into an encounter with God and give you an opportunity to increase in favor as you practice faithfulness, integrity and honor in everything that you do. We desire all students to receive revelation, inspiration, and impartation through the assignments that are given. Reading on your own time is expected and is a large part of our curriculum. Plan on reading 30-60 minutes a day. Thankfully, it’s all amazing life-transforming content. Many assignments you will do at SMSSM are done on the “honor system”. However we employ the “honor-system” like homework self check-in, we have designed it to do just that — to build your honor.
- The Supernatural Ways of Royalty – Kris Vallotton and Bill Johnson
- The Supernatural Power of a Transformed Mind – Bill Johnson
- Apostolic Church Arising- Chuck Pierce & Robert Heidler
- The Messianic Church Arising – Robert Heidler
- Dreaming With God – Bill Johnson
- Heavy Rain – Kris Vallotton
- Ekklesia: Rediscovering God’s Instrument for Global Transformation – Ed Silvoso
Poverty, Riches and Wealth – Kris Vallotton
- Students are required to further activate their school experience by serving for a minimum of one hour each week. We have a variety of options available, but students have the option to continue with an existing ministry or service that they are already active in.
- Students eligible for graduation will have been financially responsible and paid all tuition fees in full. Students eligible for graduation will have displayed Godly character during the school year.
Accreditation & Licensing
- At the conclusion of the school year, a Certificate of Completion is issued to each student that has met the requirements for graduation from Smoky Mountain School of Supernatural Ministry. This certificate serves as a validation to future ministry employers and partners that the student carries the Kingdom values as set forth by SMSSM. Smoky Mountain School of Supernatural Ministry is not an accredited, degree-granting educational institution with the State of Tennessee, and therefore students are not eligible for financial aid, student loans, grants or tax benefits. Smoky Mountain School of Supernatural Ministry does not license or ordain students but instead introduces them to a relational network called Global Legacy that connects, encourages and equips revival leaders worldwide.